About a month ago, I began having 2 tablespoons of chia seeds each morning. I had heard great things about them for years and yes, you may recognize them if you’ve ever heard of these:
So I finally purchased my own, both in Walmart and the local Shoprite supermarket. I must admit, it takes some focus to control my gag reflex when swallowing a mouthful of loose seeds but having a beverage on hand helps. There are recipes such as Chia Puddings and many people add them to their smoothies. I have also sprinkled them into my cereal.
The benefits are extraordinary and well worth adding the seeds to your daily routine.
Here are 11 great benefits from this great article in Authority Nutrition:
1. PLENTY OF NUTRIENTS, VERY FEW CALORIES
2. HIGH AMOUNT OF ANTIOXIDANTS
3. GOOD CARBS THAT ACTUALLY A GREAT SOURCE OF FIBER
4. A CLEANLY DIGESTED SOURCE OF PROTEIN
5. AIDS IN HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
6. HIGH IN OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
7. DECREASES THE RISK OF BOTH HEART DISEASE AND TYPE 2 DIABETES
8. PROMOTES BONE HEALTH
9. IMPROVES TYPE 2 DIABETES
10. IMPROVES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
11. EASILY INCORPORATED INTO YOUR DAILY DIET
How do you like your chia?